Embu L-CAP was founded on the 13th of January 2012 is a registered self help youth group that focuses on idea conceptualization and implementation and community service.
The group’s objectives are:
• Creating community awareness on climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as environmental conservation.
• Advocacy where we influence local decision making with the local authorities.
• Green business where we initiateeco-friendly ideas into sustainable businesses.
To be the most admired youth organization that sets climate change response action standards for social-economic value.
To actively engage the youth in initiating practical action solutions to climate change and unearthing opportunities for job creation.
As the ability of a family to stand the test of time lies within its values and belief system so is our EMCAT family. We believe in strong moral values that shape our ideologies. Our ‘green’ values form our guiding belief system. Our green values demonstrate positive attitude, positive purpose, new friendships bad a kind heart.
Green House Farming:
We believe in green business. Agribusiness is our major endeavor where we do greenhouse farming. As a climate change adaptation and mitigation technique we employ organic farming. We do tomatoes, yellow capsicum and traditional vegetables, which we supply to local market chains.
Genuine service to humanity us our driving force in this. We engage in activities that positively impact on the community. We have so far engaged in:
• Tree planting (more than 1000 seedlings) in Runyenjes, Moi High SchoolMbiruri and Embu Town, Kirimari High School in partnership with KIM – Embu branch.
• Monthly visits to Children’sHomes within our community.
• Engaged in clean-up activities in Embu town and estates.